Lancets are used either alone, with a lancing device or in a single use safety lancet to obtain capillary blood samples needed for blood glucose monitoring or for other tests requiring one or two drops of blood.
i. Safety Seal lancet Instructions for use.
- Wash hands with soap and water. Dry thoroughly.
- Select fingertip site, slightly off-center.
- Insert lancet into lancing device, remove cap
- Apply drop of blood to test strip; wipe excess from finger.
- Recap lancet;discard in appropriate container